Herbs & Weight Loss
Benefits of Drinking a Slimming Herbal Tea
– Slimmer waistline
– Mood stabilization
– Better sleep
– Increased libido
– Regular bowel movements
– Decrease in water retention
– Clearer more balanced skin complexion
Superstar Herbs you can make into tea to support your weight loss efforts:
- Nettle Leaf – Highly nutritive, nettle leaf contains a great amount of chlorophyll, making this herb a significant source of antioxidant vitamins (such as C and A) and powerhouse minerals. Nettle leaf is also considered a blood purifier due to it’s ability to increase the proper function of the liver and the kidneys.
- Eleuthero (Siberian Ginseng) Root — While it primarily works on the nervous system, in general eleuthero root is well known as a powerful adaptogen – that is an herb that helps the body properly respond to stress. Reducing anxiety and balancing the appetite.
- Dandelion leaf — Dandelion leaf neutralizes acid in the blood thereby making it one the best remedies for detoxification and blood purification available. And similar to Nettle leaf, it too contains high quantities of nourishing vitamins and minerals. I love dandelion leaf especially for it’s ability to cleanse the body and help with my skin’s complexion.
- Marshmallow root — Is one of the most mucilaginous herbs. Highly nutritive…it also works to soothe the entire digestive system by reducing inflammation. Likewise, marshmallow root is a wonderful diuretic.
- Sweet cinnamon bark — A well-known for centuries due to it’s anti-biotic and anti-fungal properties, cinnamon is a wonderful remedy that supplies excellent flavor. Moreover, cinnamon is excellent for our digestive systems and works to warm the body.
- Ginger root — Ginger root, a trusted cold/flu fighter, assists the body in the removal of excess toxins. It too, cleanses the digestive tract and the kidneys as well as increases circulation by warming the body.
- Fennel seeds — Aid in digestion and help to regulate the appetite. They also positively effect kidney function and work to cleanse the liver.
Slimming Herbal Tea Recipe
- 2 parts Nettle leaf
- 2 parts Eleuthero root
- 1 part Dandelion leaf
- 1 part Marshmallow root
- ½ part Sweet Cinnamon Bark, chips
- ½ part Orange peel
- ½ part Ginger root
- ¼ part Fennel seeds
Measurements in parts are by volume not weight.
Recipe adapted from FrugallySustainable.com